- Planning for first Rhythm & Drone performance in Venice on 24th Sept: new live setup with more portable equipment
- Details of modifications to Gakken synth and secondary tone arm done last week
- Ideas for the gig, around body, digestion, polyrhythms of multiple bodies, a fractal score, fractals vs holons, rotation cycles
- Digestion as a breaking down of elements; proposing a score that breaks down or digests time
- John Cage’s experience in the anecoic chamber as an example of rhythm and drone’s ubiquitous presence
- First thoughts about solenoid drums – what am I actually going to make?
- Great conversations with Sam Underwood and Tom Richards about the practicalities of the initial ideas.
- Quick research into solenoid circuits