This coming Saturday I’m performing in Romney Marsh for Dear Serge, for which I’m planning to use three analogue synths triggered with the mechanical techno set-up, alongside field recordings of the wind farms there. So today I had a test of the set up.
Big thanks to Justin and Stuart for lending me their matching Yamahas!
I also made up some more records with vinyl stickers to blank parts out. Thinking about breaking down the bar into quarters and 16ths for the Holon Music performance the following week.
Demonstrating the record I also tested out this brutal auto-return technique. It’s a bit too haphazard to use live but I think I’ll use it in some studio recordings further down the line.
Finally I put a few tweaks to the tone arm crane and should be able to cut the final versions tomorrow. Mainly getting the dimensions right but I also made the latch a bit more user friendly.